Saturday, May 5, 2018

INCREDIBLE PORTABLE ROCK ART!! IRON SLAG ZOOMORPHIC/POLYMORPHIC ANCIENT AMERICAN ART ARTIFACT

WOW.... was all I could say when I found this amazing artifact!! Very porous (therefore, VERY light), modified IRON SLAG artifact from Northern Kentucky. This is only 1 of about 100 human modified IRON SLAG pieces I found all together. Im still trying to determine the people/culture who made them, and how long ago that was, and There are so many animal and human images on it, that I haven't been able to get an accurate count! These pics only show a few of the.  I'm still trying to figure out who could've made such a small, but incredibly detailed piece......and how?! Thanks for looking, and PLEASE comment if you have time!!






NOW CHECK out what happens when I tilt the side view a bit.... 
Bird in flight, and one sitting on a branch......



A truly AMAZING and beautiful artifact. Can you see the smaller images, within the larger image below?! 


I can't wait to take a look at all the others. I'll post more pics of them soon!

5 comments:

  1. I also have a mind blowing peace similar to yours. I thought I was the only one in this world that could see the images that are in this thing. Any idea where they came from? I have a video I would love to send you. Please let me know any information that you found about these. I have many more rock sculptures that do the same thing. Unbelievable. I have a bachelor's degree in fine arts and I have studied every media known to man, I have never seen anything like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way now we are 3 of a 1 of a kind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it very interesting, and I have dozens of similar pieces, IMO it’s a typical pattern, a short faced bear head facing left, being donned by a Shaman facing to the right. I have examples with several of them on the same rock. I live in Ohio near Anciet Earthworks and encampments.

    ReplyDelete